(ISC)²® Announces Honorees for Sixth Annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Program
(ISC)²® Announces Honorees for Sixth Annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLATM) Program
Hong Kong, July 5, 2012 — (ISC)2® (“ISC)-squared”), the not-for-profit global leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers with more than 86,000 certified members worldwide, today announced the honorees for its sixth annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Program. (ISC)² will recognize 27 honorees and announce three distinguished workforce initiatives and a community service star special recognition led by the most outstanding honorees at the Gala Dinner and Ceremony on July 17, 2012, in Tokyo, Japan.
The Asia-Pacific ISLA Gala Dinner is supported by Japanese government entities, including the: Ministry of Defense; National Police Agency; National Information Security Center; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; and Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. Guests of honor Mr. Ikuo Misumi, counselor for government information security standards, National Information Security Center, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of Japan; Mr. Toru Nakayama, deputy director-general, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; and Mr. Yasuo Sakamoto, deputy director-general, Information and Communication Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, will join (ISC)2 executives to celebrate the talents and achievements of top information security professionals from around Asia-Pacific.
Through ISLA, (ISC)2 recognizes the ongoing commitment by information security leaders throughout Asia-Pacific to build a highly qualified and ethical workforce. Part of (ISC)2’s global Awards Program, ISLA aims to recognize the achievements of outstanding information security professionals who have significantly enhanced the workforce by demonstrating a leadership role in an information security workforce improvement initiative, program or project.
Professionals were nominated in three distinct categories: managerial professional for information security project(s), senior information security professional, and information security practitioner. The 2012 honorees are as follows:
In the category of information security practitioner:
1. Mr. Jae Hyeon Baek, CISSP,CISA, manager/human resources, Information Security Team, Business Service Group (BSG), South Korea
2. Mr.Murtuja Bharmal, CEH, co-founder, Null open security community, India
3. Mr.Chuan-Wei Hoo, CISSP, CISA, CFE, security information officer, BT Singapore PTE Ltd, Singapore
4. Mr. Nouman Qadeer Khan, GSEC, asst. manager, International Cooperation, International Multilateral Partnership Against Cyber Threats (IMPACT)
5. Mr. Muhammad Muslim Mansor, CISSP, CEH, GSEC, instructor/principal security consultant, EC-Council Academy Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
6. Mr. Nipon Nachin, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, professional service director, ACIS Professional Center Co. Ltd., Thailand
7. Mr. Adam R. Saeed, CISSP, senior consultant, M. Yousuf Adil Saleem & Co.|Member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL), Pakistan
8. Mr. Adnan Mohd Shukor, GPEN, GCIH, senior analyst, Cybersecurity Malaysia, Malaysia
9. Mr. Takashi Yao, evangelist, NetAgent Co, Ltd, Japan
In the category of managerial professional for information security project(s)
1. Mr. Hwee Hsiung Lee, CEH, ISMS Lead Auditor, ABCP, Manager
Program & Content Development, InfoSecurity Professional Development Department, CyberSecurity Malaysia, Malaysia
2. Mr. Nahil Mahmood, CEO, Delta Tech, Pakistan
3. Mr. Chella Namasivayam, CIO, iGATE Global Solutions Ltd., India
4. Mr. Wahyudi, CISSP, manager, Architecture, Strategy & Security, IT Solution – Corporate Shared Service, PT. PERTAMINA (Persero), Indonesia
In the category of senior information security professional
1. Mr. Saurabh Agarwal, CRISC, CISA, CISM, deputy general manager - Information Security, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt. Ltd, India
2. Mr. Javed Jabbar, CISSP, PMP, ISMES, information security manager, National Bank of Pakistan, Pakistan
3. Mr. Khawaja Faisal Javed, CISA, CRISC, CBCP, manager operations and ICT products, SGS Pakistan (Pvt) Limited, Pakistan
4. Mr. Koichiro Komiyama, CISSP, manager, Global Coordination Division, JPCERT Coordination Center, Japan
5. Mr. Binoy Koonammavu, CISSP, CISM, CISA, manager - IT Security Burgan Bank s.a.k, Kuwait
6. Mr. Deuk Choon Lee, CEO, IGLOO Security, South Korea
7. Mr. Peter Lilley, CISSP, CEO, BAE System Stratsec, Australia
8. Mr. Sean Lin, CISSP, CISM, CISA, chief inspector of police, Hong Kong Police Force, Hong Kong
9. Dr. ir. Anand R. Prasad, CISSP, senior expert /manager, NEC Corporation, Japan
10. Mr. Michio Sonoda, associate professor, Cyber University, Japan
11. Mr. Pinyo Treepetcharaporn, CISSP, CISM, CISA, senior manager - security, privacy & resiliency, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Jaiyos Advisory Company Limited, Thailand
12. Mr. Tin Aung Win, CISSP, CISA, manager (Information Security), Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore
13. Mr. Jia-Chyi Wu, CISSP, deputy director, Information and Communication Security Technology Service Center (ICST), Taiwan
14. Mr. Satoru Yamasaki, convenor of SC27/WG1 Japan, Kogakuin University, Japan
“I am deeply impressed by the quality of nominations we received this year and grateful to the Japanese government for their support in recognizing some of Asia-Pacific’s top talent in information security,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director of (ISC)². “At a time when the global information security workforce is in crisis, the Asia-Pacific ISLA program serves as a platform to honor true leaders who are protecting digital assets and critical infrastructures and building the workforce of the future in this region.”
(ISC)² officials will recognize honorees, showcased honorees, and a community service star on stage at the Asia-Pacific ISLA Gala Dinner on July 17, 2012 at Hilton Hotel Tokyo, Japan. Concurrently, the (ISC)2 Security Leadership Series event, SecureAsia@Tokyo Conference, will be held on July 17-18 at the same venue.
For more information and to register for SecureAsia@Tokyo, please visit www.informationsecurityasia.com. For further inquiries, please contact Sally Ko, marketing manager for (ISC)² Asia-Pacific, at email@example.com or +852 2850 6957. Members of the press wishing to attend should contact Kitty Chung, head of marketing communications for (ISC)² Asia-Pacific, at firstname.lastname@example.org.